Professional Gemological Identification Services from Denney Jewelers
Denney Jewelers features an on-site laboratory offering you the most complete jewelry identification and appraisal services possible. Our laboratory is staffed by professional gemologists and gemologist appraisers who are experienced and current on new developments in the fields of gemology and appraising.
- Our gemological laboratory includes the following…
- a well-stocked library of gemological reference books,
- and our lab is equipped with the following gem testing equipment:
- a refractometer, a polariscope, and a dichroscope, each of which is used to show and/or measure different optical properties resulting from the interaction between gemstones and light,
- gem scales capable of weighing to 1/100 carat, and are equipped for accurate determination of specific gravity,
- a binocular microscope with dark-field illumination which is capable of magnifying a gemstone to at least 30 times its size,
- an adequate light unit for use in diamond grading,
- five Master Diamonds used for comparison in grading diamond color,
- a source of ultraviolet light for measuring fluorescence,
- a device for accurate measurement to 1/10 millimeter,
- and a device for analyzing a diamond’s proportions.
Visit UsCome visit the family and friends at Denney Jewelers. With our 10,000 square foot showroom and a friendly, knowledgeable staff, you will certainly find the perfect jewelry.
2901 Wabash Avenue
Springfield, Illinois 62704
[ view a map ]
Monday through Saturday
10 am - 8 pm
12 noon - 5 pm
EmploymentWe're always looking for great people! Denney Jewelers is growing, so if you are interested in a career fine jewelry, please apply online today.